Mo Fouladvand, M.D.
Biography Dr. Mo Fouladvand – Neuro Ophthalmology New York
Areas of Specialty: Neuro-ophthalmology & Neurology
Professional Appointments: Attending neuro-ophthalmologist and neurologist NYU Medical Center & NYU School of Medicine.
Academic Appointments: Associate Professor of neurology and ophthalmology, NYU School of Medicine, New York, Assistant Professor of neurology and neuroscience, Seton Hall University School of Graduate Medical Education.
Residency in Neurology
Dept. of Neurology, NYU Medical Center, New York, NY
July 1999- June 2002. (Director: Edwin Kolodny, M.D.)
Internship in Internal Medicine
Dept. of Medicine, NYU Medical Center, New York, NY
July 1998-1999. (Director: Saul Farber, M.D.)
Research Fellowship in Neuro-Ophthalmology
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
1997-1998. (Director, Jason Barton, M.D., Ph.D.)
Fellowship in Neuro-Ophthalmology
The Toronto Hospital (Western Division)
University of Toronto, Canada
1995-1997. (Director, James Sharpe, M.D.)
Residency in Ophthalmology
Labbafi Nejad Medical Center
National University of Iran Medical School, Tehran, Iran
National University of Iran Medical School
Specialty Board Certification: Board Certified in Neurology, 2003, Board of ophthalmology 1994.
Research Interest: Eye movement abnormalities in different neurological disorders, Optic nerve disorders, Papilledema, Ocular Myasthenia Gravis, Multiple sclerosis, Visual pathway abnormalities.
Professional Memberships: North American Neuro-ophthalmology Society (NANOS), American Academy of Neurology (AAN), New York Society of Medicine.
Honors and Awards: Fajr Award for excellence in teaching and patient care, 1993; Research Scholarship in Ophthalmology, National University of Iran, 1994; NYU Hospital Teaching Award, 2001.
- Sahlein, Daniel H; Fouladvand, Mohammad;… et al: ‘Neuroophthalmological outcomes associated with use of the Pipeline Embolization Device: analysis of the PUFS trial results’. J Neurosurg. 2015 ():1-9 (# 1668552)
- Tanweer, O; Raz, E; Brunswick, A; Zumofen, D; Shapiro, M; Riina, H A; Fouladvand, M; Becske, T; Nelson, P K. ‘Cavernous Carotid Aneurysms in the Era of Flow Diversion: A Need to Revisit Treatment Paradigms’. AJNR. American journal of neuroradiology. 2014 ():?-? (# 1165082)
- Liu J, Levine J, Fouladvand M. Acute Rehab of Visual Dysfunction in Wall-Eyed Bilateral Internuclear Ophthalmoplegia After Dorsal Midbrain Stroke: A Case Report. Presentation at: The Annual Assembly of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation; 2012 Nov 15-18; Atlanta, Georgia.
- Strom RG, Fouladvand M, Pramanik BK, Doyle WK, Huang PP. Progressive optic neuropathy caused by contact with the carotid artery: improvement after microvascular decompression, Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2012 July;114(6): 812-5
- Fouladvand M, Nelson KP, Beske T. The use of the Pipeline Embolization Device (PED) in the treatment of complex symptomatic cavernous and paraophthalmic segment aneurysms of the internal carotid artery (ICA): an interim analysis with 6 month follow-up of neuroophthalmologic and angiographic outcomes: Presented to Annual meeting of NANOS (North American Neuroophthalmology Society), 2010 March 6-11; Tuscon AZ.
- Singh A, Kurzweil A, Fouladvand M, Headache and blurred vision, In: Case-based neurology New York: Demos medical, c 2012, P235-240, year 2012
- Cossetti MK, Fouladvand M, Roland JT, Lalwani AK, Diplopia due to skew deviation following neurootologic procedures 2011:121(suppl 4):s 184-s184, Laryngoscope
- Fouladvand. M, Ng D, Lalwani A, Skew deviation after intratympanic gentamycintherapy, laryngoscope, 121:492-494, 2011
- Fouladvand M, Chen Shan, ocular Myositis in Crohn’s disease with MRI imaging mimicking thyroid ophthalmopathy. The new Jersey Neuroscience Institure, 2009, 29-34
- Fouladvand M, White C, Kramer P, Ruzinskiy P, “Periodic Alternating nystagmus in HIV-Induced primary Cerebellar degeneration, Journal Of Neuroophthalmology 2008, 32:67-68
- Sharpe JA, Wong AMF, Fouladvand M. Ocular motor nerve palsies: Implications for diagnosis and mechanisms of repair. Progress Brain Research 171: 59-66,2008
- Fouladvand M, Ledoux D, Barton JJS. “ Ocular Myasthenia Gravis, Comprehensive update in ophthalmology, 2005; 6:25-36.
- Fouladvand M, Barton JJS. “Multiple Ocular Motor Nerve Palsies”. (Medlink in Neurology, Gilman s ed, Neurobase (Cd-ROM) 2004
- Fouladvand M, Sharpe JA. “Quantifying Ocular Torsion in Oculomotor and Combined Oculomotor and Trochlear Nerve Palsies: An Aid to Localization,” Presented at The Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology April 1999. Neurology 1999; 52 (suppl 2) S09.006
- Fouladvand M, Barton JJS. “Ocular Aspects of Myasthenia Gravis.” Seminars in Neurology, 2000;20:7-20.
- Fouladvand M, Boylan L. “Oculomotor apraxia following Bulbospinal Polio.” Neurology, 2001;56/4:576-577.
- Fouladvand M, Barton JJS. “Multiple Ocular Motor Nerve Palsies”. (Medlink in Neurology, Gilman s ed, Neurobase (Cd-ROM) 2002
- NYU Medical Center: Fouladvand M, Seiple W., “Quantifying psychophysical and Visual evoked potential (multifocal VEP) Field loss within central 20 degree of vision in demyelinating disease and Multiple sclerosis”. Research In progress
- NYU Medical Center:
Fouladvand M. Nelson K, Warren F. “Retinal Vascular (intra-ocular) abnormalities in patients with Intracranial Vascular anomalies”, Prospective study in 100 patients, Research in progress
- Harvard Medical School:
Barton J, Fouladvand M, Intriligator J, “Metrics of Saccades in Health and Neurologic Diseases.” Accepted for publication in Neurology
- Harvard Medical School:
Barton J, Manoah D, Fouladvand M, Intriligator J, “Anti-saccades and Task-Shifting: Studies of Voluntary Control of Eye Movements.” Presented In Cogan’s (Neuro-ophthalmology) Meeting, Harvard Medical school, Boston 1997.
- University of Toronto: 1995-1997
Research in Ocular Motor & Vestibular Physiology Utilizing Magnetic Search Coil Oculography, Neuro-Ophthalmology Unit, University of Toronto.
- Fouladvand M, Ahmadie H. “Effect of High Dose Corticosteroids in Optic Neuritis in Labbafi Nejad Medical Center,” Presented at The International Congress of Ophthalmology, September 1993, Tehran, Iran.
- Fouladvand M. “Laser Treatment of Subretinal Neovascular Membrane,” Presented at the Annual Meeting of The Iranian Society of Ophthalmology, October 1992, Ghazvin, Iran.
- Fouladvand M. “Sclerokeratoconjunctivis in Lyme Disease,” Daru va Darman Medical Journal, Vol. 101: 81-85 , 1992.
- Book review: Fouladvand M, “Sensory Transduction by Godon Fein”, Journal of neuroophthalmology, Vol: 25;4, 337-338, Dec. 2005 .
- Book Chapter: Sharpe JA, Wong AMF, Fouladvand M. Ocular motor nerve palsies: implicationsfor diagnosis and mechanisms of repair. In: C. Kennard and R.J. Leigh,editors: Progress in Brain Research, Vol 171, Using Eye Movements as an Experimental Probe of Brain Function. Elsevier BV: Elsevier, 2008, pp. 59-66
- Hoc- reviewer; Floppy eyelid syndrome and sleep apnea, Journal of sleep in medicine: 2005